Note! The configuration is complicated and is designed for advanced users
What we need:
– TV with connection to the Internet and applications such as ipla or tvnplayer
– Notebook or other computer with 2 network cards and access to the Internet
– A little patience 🙂
2.Connect TV and your computer via wired
3. Run VPN Online Access application and go to “Properties” tab
4. From the “VPN Servers” select the VPN server that interests you.
5. Go to “Share” tab
6. Select “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet”
7. Choose from drop-down list: Local Connection.
( interface to which we put wire between TV and notebook)
8. Click “OK”
9. After that we got a very important message:
In the body of the message we have information that the network adapter “LAN” was assigned a new IP address: 192.168.137.1, click “YES”
It may happen that the information about the new IP address of the local connections will not appear.
In this case, go to the settings of network adapters:
Start -> Control Panel -> Network and Sharing Center -> Change adapter settings :
– Find the network adapter named „Local Connection”
– Then right-click the drop-down list, select „Stan”
– The next step is „Details”
– In the “Network Connection Details” will be the following information: IPv4 Address and IPv4 subnet mask
We’re going to continue setup …
Go to the network settings in the TV – In this example, I used the Samsung SMART TV
11. On the TV remote control click: Menu -> Plug and Play -> Network
Network Type – wired
IP Address – manually ( default is Auto )
12. Set a static IP address on TV
Note – The IP address can be different. Please check what address has been assigned to your network card. See section 9
IP Address – 192.168.137.2
Mask – 255.255.255.0
Gateway – 192.168.137.1 (is the IP address assigned to the “Local Area Connection” in your notebook)
DNS1 – 22.214.171.124
DNS2 – 126.96.36.199
13. Click “OK”
14. Return to our notebook and check connection bettween TV and notebook
For this purpose, click on “Windows” button and next “START”.
In the “search for programs and files” field, type “cmd”
In the black window, type: ping 192.168.137.2 and “Enter”
Of course, we make a test from notebook 🙂
In response, we should got:
which means that we communicate with the TV and we can go to next step.
If we receive such a message:
This means that we don’t have communication between your notebook and TV.
Somewhere made a mistake and you should review the settings on the TV and check the Ethernet cable connection.
The first step is to check the network adapter in your notebook and if the card in TV is active ( flashing LED “BLINK” ) on the network card
15. If you already have everything properly connected, click “Connect” in the VPN Online Access application.
16. Connectivity Tests
Test from your notebook
After connecting to the VPN server, we can check our new public IP address.
na stronie http://www.adres-ip.pl – IP Address should be indicated location which we chose, for example: Poland
Test from TV:
The second test we can make on TV, go to the “Network” tab :
On the TV remote control, click Menu -> Plug and Play -> Network
In the “Network” tab, find “Network Test “ and do it.
If everything is done correctly, the test on TV should be successful
At the moment, our TV has access to the Internet, which is made available through our notebook and is visible on the new public IP address , for example: Poland
If you have any problem with the configuration or have any questions feel free to mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org